Pages - Menu

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Some Q&A about me & my writing

I saw this survey on a few other blogs and I decided to do it! If you are reading this you are tagged to do it as well. comment and link to yours and I will comment and follow if I am not following you already!

1) What’s the last thing you wrote? What’s the first thing you wrote that you still have?
The last thing I wrote was my chapter 27 for my awesome fantasy novel. The first thing I have ever written that I still have would be a picture book about some sort of prince and princess.

2) Write poetry?
Sometimes but not often enough. I should start writing it more often.

3) Angsty poetry?
Not really. Unless you consider the meaning of life angst.

4) Favorite genre of writing?
Fantasy. Period.

5) Most annoying character you’ve ever created?
It was a guy named Fidencio an don't ask about the unusual name.... He was simply very clueless and annoying and I ended up liking my villain more than him. So that was it for Fidencio.

6) Best plot you’ve ever created?
The plot for my current novel. I have had great comments on it and I think it's the best out of all my other ideas. It's very intense and there is no chapter that is bland. Though it ended up a bit shorter than 90,00 I would rather have it condensed and intense than long and blah.

7) Coolest plot twist you’ve ever created?
My novel right now is very twisted. I am not sure I can say one of them is the best one though. It really depends on different opinions.

8 ) How often do you get writer’s block?
What is writers block? As soon as I turn on my music my fingers are flying.

9) Write fan fiction?
I actually never even tried.

10) Do you type or write by hand?

One novel which I was only 12,000 words into I wrote by hand. But that was when I didn't have access to a computer because I wrote it in class. Otherwise I don't write by hand. It's a pain.

11) Do you save everything you write?
I save every bit. You never know when it will come in handy.

12) Do you ever go back to an idea after you’ve abandoned it?
I plan to link a few abandoned ideas for my next novel.

13) What’s your favorite thing you’ve ever written?

My current WIP. Title is still being worked out though.

14) What’s everyone else’s favorite story you’ve written?
Gosh here is another question which I don't have much of an answer to. It's the current book I am revising. I have had great comments on it from betas and friends.

15) Ever written romance or angsty teen drama?
I have pretty intense romance in my novel but it's not only romance. Maybe some day I will give it another shot!

17) How many writing projects are you working on right now?
I have one started but I am really focusing on finishing my YA Fantasy.

18) Have you ever won an award for your writing?

No I never submitted it to any contests.

19) What are your five favorite words?

Anemone, technology, piranha, cryptology, tendrils

20) What character have you created that is most like yourself?

Hard to say. I created my MC by my personal liking. But I can't say we are that alike. Maybe I could say his adversary or Tiya, but I personally try to focus on creating characters that I would like and not all of them are my clones. In fact none of them.

21) Where do you get your ideas for your characters?
Everywhere. In fact I have written up a post on this topic so check that out but to answer the question I take little pieces from unknown sources that I have encountered in my life and I link them together to create someone extraordinary.

22) Do you ever write based on your dreams?

I was told that I should but I haven't given that a shot yet.

23) Do you favor happy endings?
Yes I do! But I don't like cheesy endings.  I like resolution in endings for sure.

24) Are you concerned with spelling and grammar as you write?

No I don't pay any attention to it, though I usually can tell if there is a red underline under a misspelled word.

25) Does music help you write?

YES! It helps me concentrate. I have an awesome playlist which I play to write. Once the music is on my fingers are typing until I am done. I love music and I love instruments.

26) Quote something you’ve written. Whatever pops in your head.
This is from a new novel I just started...
“Hello” I answered the phone for the umpteenth time only to hear silence. I dropped the receiver in frustration, slinging my black bag over my shoulder. I walked towards the door ready to leave when the shrill ring of the phone froze me in my steps. Cold shivers ran up my spine as I slowly walked back to pick up the phone. The lights in my apartment were turned off making the scenery even more bloodcurdling.

Can't wait to see you guys do this!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this Ariel. Lot's of interesting stuff to think about here.

    I'm not going to do this myself because my blog has one specific purpose for now. Maybe after I finish exposing my query nightmares to the masses I will begin posting personal things like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm...I may have to do this now. And, I totally think you should write I romance. I'm not biased or anything....but it is my genre ;-)

    ~JD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me know when you will do it! :) It's fun to get to know more about other people and their writing.

    ReplyDelete